Our History

Fall 1941

Pastor Paul Seashore of Brooklyn Ev. Free Church in Beresford led Bible studies with a group of Sioux Falls believers.

Spring 1942

Sunday Bible School began and the Iowa-SD District of the EFCA purchased land, helped with the first building phase, and helped financially support the first pastor.

May 1942

Orla Blair became the first pastor, the building was completed and the church was known as Westside Evangelical Free Church.

1983

The congregation decided to sell the building in hopes of relocating to better facilities and location. With this move, they changed their name to First Evangelical Free Church.

Next 10 Years 1942-1952

The next 10 years were spent in various places, like the Zion Jewish Temple, O’Gorman Catholic High School, 7th Day Adventist Church, and the South Norton location across from Augustana College.

1989

Randy Anderson began his ministry as pastor.

December 1993

The congregation moved into our 69th street facility after purchasing the 15 acres of land on which it sits.

April 2004

We began worshiping in our expanded facilities.